Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Maria giving her own update - that's a good sign!

I am sorry it has taken so long to update you all on my health. The last week and a half have brought some major changes in my life. I am in rejection of my transplanted kidney but it seems as though it may be able to be saved. While in the hospital I received a series of medication of thymoglobulin and steroids to help stop the rejection. Both of which had some pretty nasty side-effects. now in addition to those treatments I am receiving apheresis dialysis to rid my body of the antibodies built up against my kidney and two more chemo drugs to keep my body from making the antibodies again. I have had two of these treatments and will have another two before having another kidney biopsy next Tuesday. Hopefully, that biopsy will come back and the rejection will have stopped. If not, I will get four more apheresis and chemo treatments. I am pretty wiped out and sick to my stomach on treatment days but feel better by the next morning. I am encouraged that everything is working the way it should because my numbers are coming down closer to normal. I am not there yet but I have a lot of hope. I can not tell you how much your prayers and comments have helped. I am so grateful for all of you in my life. Please keep praying that my kidney can be saved and things can return to normal. Thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment