Sunday, October 28, 2012

A rough October

I'm ready to leave October behind! At least one of us, and often all 3 of us, have been sick this entire month. It's pushed me just about past my breaking point.

Gus was sick as soon as we got home from Corn Festival. I didn't feel well but thought I'd kicked it by going to bed early and getting some extra sleep. About the time I felt I had outsmarted that one, Maria was sick. We thought Gus was feeling better and then Maria got even sicker and I started to get sick. Then the last couple of weeks all of us have been sick. We took Maria to the Emergency Dept at Christ Hospital a week ago today and they admitted her. She stayed there until Thursday.

In the meantime, I just feel like I get more over my head every single day and it's really wearing on me.

On top of that work has gotten super busy and we're down by 2 team members out of 5 recruiters. We've been down more like 3 out of 5 with me sick and trying to hold down the fort here for everyone else, too. I hate not pulling my weight and I certainly haven't been.

Now I'm so far behind in absolutely everything that I wonder if makes any difference to keep one foot in front of the other and soldiering on.

Yes, I know we're extremely blessed. I shudder to think where we'd be without Maria's mom helping out so much with the baby. My sister and niece came up one evening this week to watch Gus so I could work more. Lots of people have been lending their moral support. My employer continues to be patient as I have personal issues to handle.

Please keep praying for us and sending us good energy so we can see our way to healthier times! As my best friend tells me, "The darkest hour is just before the dawn."

And while I'm complaining, thank God there are only 9 more days until the election. I can't stand living in the premier battleground state!

No comments:

Post a Comment