Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New Power Chair - Permobil K300, C300 ; and a test walk in the Upsee!



This cool kid is so very excited to have his new power chair! For the first almost 2 weeks he wanted me right by him and to have my hand over his then all of the sudden he had it and to say he was off is an understatement! Now he'll crank up the speed, yell, "Ride the Wind Bullseye!" and then look out! If I try to put my hand on the joystick now he pushes me away!

It was about a year ago that we requested an equipment evaluation at Perlman Center. After waiting for that appointment and then going through many appeals of the denial by our insurance company, we finally got his chair! He was excited from the beginning. Here he is getting seated in it for the first time. At the end he says, "It's my power chair!"





Here's his first test drive:




Then today Gus got to try out the Upsee at Perlman Center. Ours is supposed to get shipped out to us from the UK sometime the week of May 19 and I'm even more excited about it now that I see how well Gus does in it!






From our family to yours, we hope you had a blessed and wonderful Easter!



2 comments:

  1. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    POWER WHEELCHAIR

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Power Wheelchair

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete